Welcome to my “light reflections” on all things to do with fibre optics, optical networking and training.
I hope you find it interesting and if you want to hear my view on any particular aspect of fibre optics then just get in touch. And please feel free to comment!
Oh and just in case you’ve not come across me before here’s a few things about me…
- I’ve been involved with fibre optics for more than 30 years
- I’ve been Technical Director of Optical Technology Training Ltd. since 1989
- You can find OTT on Facebook and Twitter as well as at www.ott.co.uk
- I’m Chairman of the British Standards Committee on fibre optic systems (GEL86/3)
- I’ve been involved in most of the International Standards bodies for fibre optics at some time: IEC, ISO/IEC, ITU and also the TIA
- I wrote the definition of “fibre characterisation” in ITU G.650.3
- I designed and developed the Certified Fibre Characterisation Engineer (CFCE) programme that has been running since 2005
- OTT is now focused on the design and development of training programmes, courses are delivered by our licenced partners around the world
- You can find me on Linked In and on Twitter @RichardEdnay
- “Richard Ednay” is a unique global identifier so I’m easy to Google!
- In 2014 I was diagnosed with Myeloma, an incurable cancer of the bone marrow. I’m currently in remission.