Some days make you think about capacity and performance more than others. The case for lighting up dark fibre / dark fiber with your own communications equipment can be very compelling: virtually unlimited capacity...
Welcome to my blog!
I’m generally pretty well known for having an opinion on all things to do with fibre optics, optical networking, training and standards.
I’ve been involved with fibre optics for more than 30 years and I'm passionate about promoting, and contributing to, professionalism in our industry.
OTT develops high quality professional training in fibre optics and optical networking. Our unique advanced certification courses are developed in-house by a world leading expert in fibre optics. In 2014 OTT began licensing our courses, such as the Certified Fibre Characterisation Engineer (CFCE), Certified Optical Network Associate (CONA), and Certified Optical Fibre Installer (COFI) to approved partner organisations to deliver around the world. Visit www.ott.co.uk for more information.
Richard on Twitter
- Why OTT developed a virtual optical networking system
- Lighting up dark fibre? Learn how to light up dark fibre, with these unique certification programs…
- 7 essential ingredients that make a course “awesome”…
- Should we bank on WBMMF for the next phase of our datacentre?
- OMG! What’s happening to multimode fibre?